Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Tool for Arm Amputees - Lift Boxes with One Arm!

The Lift Mates Solo Lift Pro offers a solution to Arm Amputees. When the tool was originally designed it was made for any person to use and offered ergonomic/safety benefits (Reduced strain on the back, able to hold handrails when climbing stairs etc.).

We have found that this tool also offers a solution to people who are arm amputees. I have talked to a number of amputees that have told me how the tool has really helped them in their struggles with boxes.

User Review:

When I received the Solo Lift in the mail I thought "This is an interesting looking toy". I did not think it could be a tool that I would ever use since I am hard on all my tools. I first tried it on the box that the Solo Lift was shipped in. I was surprised how easily it gripped the box and held on to it firmly. I looked around for something heavier. All I could find was a box of cereal. It was able to grab the slick surface of the cereal box quite firmly. Being the skeptic I am, I still wanted to prove it would not handle any thing heavy, so I took the Solo Lift to work with me. I went out into the warehouse and found a small box, about ten pounds, and picked it up easily and carried it around. I then moved on to a heavier box, about twenty pounds, and got the same results. I thought "OK lets get serious and pick up something heavy". I found a box of paper that weighed about forty pounds. It gripped the box firmly, and I was amazed at how easily I was able to carry the box around one handed. The box seemed lighter then it really was. Solo Lift will not be a tool I will use every day, but like many tools I have in my shop, when I need it, it will make the job much faster and easier"



No comments:

Post a Comment